Thursday, January 26, 2006

Illustration Friday - Cats


"Psycho Cat" - an etching I did for printmaking class waaay back in college.

I had an little cat named Hazel, but we called her Psycho Cat because she was nuts. She was a house cat by her choice, because when she came in you couldn't get her out. She had claws and knew how to use them. I remember one time I was out on the lawn giving the dog a bath with Psycho Cat calmly observing. I looked at her, I looked at the tub of water - and let's just say my curiosity outweighed my judgement. I don't remember much after she touched the water, but when it was all over there was lots of blood and it wasn't hers.

I guess the etching was my attempt to psyco-analyse Psycho-Cat, my impression of what her personality was.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

This turned out great!

Amy Zaleski said...

This is a really interesting compilation. Great composition!